IIS web site and application pool feature required fields problem

Hi all,

Is there any way to skip IIS application pool identity selection at Deploy a nuget package step? I want to configure this manually, because @development environment we use applcaitn pool identity, but we use custom users @productioın env. All of our applciaitons are working with different account, so It will takes a week for me configuring them from octopus.

I dont want to use a custom expression for IIS application pool identity setting. So how can I skip this, and going on to deploying with octopack?

Thanks a lot.

And I couldnt secure (secure puser/pass) the octopus variables for production deployment. Developers must see the all variables but some of them like password must be hidden for them. So I dont want to keep the passwords in Octopus, I want it do it for manually for every environments. Thx.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Correct me if I’m wrong, but all you want Octopus to do then is put the contents of your application into a specific directory (where you’re site will be pointed to) and not touch the site or the app pool?

If that is the case, then the only feature you need enabled is Custom Installation Directory to set the path where your app will be extracted, and then you’ll manually set the app pool.

Am I correct?

Thx,

Dalmiro