IIS Bindings Do Not Support IPV6

In the configuration of a deployment step within Octopus, for the IIS bindings of a site, colons seem to give Octopus Deploy some issues. See attachments: for before and after I save with an IPV6. This is sort of a bug on multiple levels but more importantly it makes it impossible to listen to a loopback IP which is default for localhost on recent versions of Windows.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting in touch! I have submitted an issue to have this fixed in the interface: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/1620
There is a workaround however, you should be able to define an Octopus Variable and use that in the field. This way it wont be broken by the interface and should translate at the IIS deployment stage.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

Yea I thought of that before creating the ticket and that didn’t work either. I think there are two bugs here

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Scott,
We have a fix for this bug which will shortly go out int 3.2.3. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and your patience as fix it. Hopefully you’ll need no more work arounds!
Once 3.2.3 goes out let us know how the change goes for your build.
Thanks in advance,
Rob