IIS binding problem with Octopus for applications which under IIS sites don't need it

Hi all,

I am deploying a nuget package with enabled “IIS web site and application pool” feature. If I fill the IIS bindings everything is working. But I am skipping the IIS bindings field and deployment is failing. I must skip this, because I am deploying an application which is under an IIS website. There is alias option which I named it “myapp”… But there is no option for IIS bindings @IIS website application
www.mysite.com/myapp

When I left the field blank “IIS binding field” @octopus, The following error has occuring. When I fill in the fields It is failing again normally. Could you help me, thanks.
Our Octopus version 3.2.3

foreach-object : You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
17:33:07Error
At C:\Octopus\Applications\Development2.Web.WebSite\2015.11.17.2-dev_7
\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1:125 char:30

• $bindingString.Split("|") | foreach-object {

•                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:slight_smile: [ForEach-Object], RuntimeE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands
.ForEachObjectCommand
Script ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\Development2.Web.WebSite\2015.11.17.2-dev_7\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1’ returned non-zero exit code: 1
Running rollback conventions…
Script ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\Development2.Web.WebSite\2015.11.17.2-dev_7\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1’ returned non-zero exit code: 1
The remote script failed with exit code 1

Untitled.png

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. That feature will only help you creating Websites and AppPools. What you need to use to create Applications under your website (like “c” in your screenshot) is this library step: https://library.octopusdeploy.com/#!/step-template/actiontemplate-iis-application-create

Hope that helps!

Dalmiro