IIS Binding Information not being set correctly when using "Deploy to IIS" step

Hi,

My package is using the “Deploy to IIS” step. This step is configured to deploy an IIS Website.

I’ve also configured this step to add 3 bindings.

1. HTTP with port 85
  2. net.tcp with port 850:*
  3. net.pipe with port *

As you can see from the screen shot attached, the appropriate fields are being set in IIS, however, the values do not reflect the configuration in Octopus.

The IIS bindings have the following values post deployment

1. HTTP has port 85 which is correct
  2. net.tcp has port :850:: which is incorrect
  3. net.pipe has port :: which is incorrect

Could you please advise if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks heaps.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with the IIS bindings.

Are you using a PowerShell script on the “Deploy to IIS” step to perform the net.tcp and net.pipe bindings? If so are you able to send the script through so we can investigate the issue further. Also if you are able to send through the deployment logs, that might also help us identify the issue.

If you require any additional information or clarification please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom.

I’m using the Bindings section of the “Deploy to IIS” step. I’ve attached a word document containing screenshots of my setup and the deployment log.

Thanks heaps for your help!

ServerTasks-4313.log.txt (107 KB)

iis.docx (209 KB)

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sending those files through, unfortunately the way you are attempting to configure the net.tcp and net.pipe bindings is not currently supported in Octopus, It has been a requested feature and it is currently on UserVoice for users to vote on [here]
(https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/5731949-support-net-tcp-bindings-for-iis-configuration).

The current work around would be to use a Powershell script to setup the bindings, here is an example script shared by a user: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/10067#comment_41423820

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom

Thanks Tom