IE Unauthorized

Hi,

I have Octopus Deploy setup to use our domain accounts. I can presently login to Octopus Deploy using Chrome and Firefox. I can’t login using IE 10. There are several other developers and a couple testers on my team. The only ones who were not able to login are those using IE. The others were able to login. In IE, I have added the portal to local intranet sites and ensured that integrated authentication is enabled. Yet I am still getting an “401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials” response. Any suggestions or help on how to resolve this issue?

Hi,

Do the users using Chrome/Firefox get prompted for credentials too? Are you prompted for credentials in IE10 or does it just fail immediately? What if you use IE in compatibility mode (the broken document link?)

Paul

Thanks for the response Paul.

The users are also getting prompted for a response in IE 10. We have received the same issue in compatibility mode as well as other browser modes. IE should be passing the AD credentials right on through to the Octopus server. I have attempted adding it as a trusted site and a local intranet site with the same issue. Which is what stumps me, because I can login using the other browsers.

Cletis

Hi,

Could you try setting up another site in IIS with windows authentication enabled, and seeing if that works from IE10? That way we’ll know if it’s Octopus-specific or just a problem with IIS/IE.

Paul