Identifying cloned projects in the Audit logs

Is there a way to identify in the Audit screen when a project is cloned ?

Thanks,

Hey @snaulls,

Unfortunately, we don’t denote in the audit log whether a created project is cloned or not.

Can I ask what your use case is? If you need to just spot check, there is an entry in both the Project JSON (screenshot below), as well as in the Projects table in the DB that will tell you if the project was cloned.

If you need a running tab of cloned projects, a potential workaround you could use could be to run a scheduled runbook that looks at the event log and looks for any entries for created projects, then goes to the project API to check if it was cloned. You could run it every 5 minutes and have it check the last 5-6 minutes of events and parse for projects created or some variation of that. Depending on how you want the results you could have it emailed, create an artifact, or however you prefer to get your results.

Please let me know what you think.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy.

Thanks for the quick response. We have a number of projects that are eligible for quick release process. We identify them in a number of ways, one of which is a special project icon. When the developers clone projects the icon also get’s cloned and its causing some confusion.

I was exploring something very similar to your solution but thought there might be a way to use subscriptions to identify the projects. Thanks for the help.

Hi @snaulls,

You’re very welcome!

Maybe instead of emailing a notification that a project was cloned, instead you could have the automation clear out the logo or use some generic “cloned” logo. It could be a placeholder until someone gives it a real icon.

If we don’t speak til then, I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Best,
Jeremy

Resetting the icon is exactly what we’re planning on doing :wink: . Already have some code to do this so it should be pretty straight forward. Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Great minds think alike!

Hope you have a great week.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.