Hydra deploy reporting tentacles outdated

I’m trying to update our current 1.6 installation to version 3, and have successfully set up a version 2.6.5 server side by side.

After I installed version 3.0.13.2386 on the new server, I added the hydra step and uploaded the latest package.

When deploying the hydra release I only get the error message attached, that tentacles are outdated and need to be updated before a deploy can take place. Isn’t this exactly what hydra’s for…

The canary server is running both the 1.6 and 2.6.5 tentacle, could this be causing havoc?

CMXX8_GWIAAJJ6_.png-large (40 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. The Hydra step should be ran from your 2.6.5 Octopus server to your (still) 2.6.5 Tentacles. You are getting that error because for your 3.0 instance, those tentacles are outdated as they are using 2.6.5.

If you’ve already successfully migrated from 1.6 to 2.6.5, please delete the 1.6 Tentacles to avoid any possible havoc and just leave the 2.6 ones.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Thank you for this, the part about running Hydra from the 2.6.5 server totally escaped me, even though I read the docs several times :slight_smile:

Works fine with the 1.6 tentacle still running, just so you know.

Regards,
Stian

Hi Stian,

You were actually not the first one missing that in the last couple days. After your question I added a note for that to our docs :slight_smile:

Glad to hear about the 1.6 Tentacle! Its so unlikely that users will have such different versions installed on the same VM that I think we’ve never even tested it.

Cheers

Dalmiro