HTTP POST - API - Deploy Failure Error

Hello,

I’m trying to automate new deployments in a multi-tenant environment. I’m currently able to create a tenant, add it to specific environments, and add required variables. With all that, I can deploy manually when choosing the latest release from the dropdown.

However, when I attempt to deploy via the API, I get the following error which I don’t know exactly what this is referencing (Octopus Noob).:

“There must be at least one untenanted deployment target in Engage Web East to peform an untenanted deployment. Once you have corrected these problems you can try again. If the problem is related to a variable you will need to update the variables for this release or recreate the release for the changes to take effect. If the problem is related to the deployment process you will need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.”

I’m using the following url request to deploy:

curl -X https://octoserver/api/deployments -H “X-Octopus-ApiKey: MyKeyHere” -H " accept: application/json" -d “{“ProjectId”: “Projects-41”, “Version”: “9.1.9-290.1”}”

The above may be slightly different since I’m dumping the request through python. But the above should be close enough.

This is the latest release in this environment. I’m not sure how to get the new tenant to deploy with this particular error. All variables are accounted for.

I figured this out. While the “ProjectId” and “Version” must be specified, in this case, I also needed the “TenantId” for the individual deployment.

This can be closed, just wanted to post the answer to my particular problem in case anyone else has an issue.

Hi Carlton,

Thanks for the update here! I’m happy to hear that you resolved this. :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch again if you have any further questions, or run into any issues.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.