How version control works

Hi,
I have configured version control in octopus. Could you please let us know what are the best practices hat needs to be followed while version controlling the octopus project?

Also,
Could you please let me know whether any new chnages I make to octopus project will get automatically synchronize to Git repo? or do i need to push them manually?

Hi @rahul.bhoyar,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

For best practices I recommend having a look at:

New changes will need to be “saved” via the Commit button in Octopus. You’ll notice that standard projects still have a Save button whereas Git-enabled projects will have this replaced with the Commit button instead.

If you have any additional questions about this or anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out! :smiley:

Best Regards,
Donny Bell

Thanks Donny,

I am using v2022.3 (Build 10437).

I have found out that “Worker Pool” variable type is not working properly after using version control.

Can you pls help with this?

Regards,
Rahul

Hi @rahul.bhoyar,

I’m just stepping in for Donny as he has gone offline for the day - sorry you are having trouble using version control with Octopus Deploy, but I’m happy to help!

Can you let me know the specific issue you are seeing on your side related to the Worker Pool variable type? Feel free to upload any supporting screenshots/logs for me to review, and I’d be happy to take a look - here is a secure link for this (if needed), so you don’t have to post the information to the public forum.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.