How to upgrade cloud octopus to latest version v2019.5.6

Hello Team,
As I’m currently facing issue in SMTP notification service SSL and TSL.before it worked fine.

Please let me know how to upgrade my cloud octopus instance v2019.5.4 to v2019.5.6.

And how much time it will take for version upgrade

And for cloud Instance do we required to take backup?

Hi there,

thanks for getting in touch.

In Octopus Cloud, we start rolling out upgrades as new releases become available, usually (but not always) on a Tuesday. Upgrades roll through the fleet based on the nominated Maintenance Window of each instance, so it can take a few days for an upgrade to roll through the entire fleet.

I could prioritize an upgrade, but I would need to know the name of your instance and verify ownership.

Lastly, we take backups before every upgrade - there’s no need for you to do anything

Thanks

Jason

hello,
please help me to resolve this issue. Currently I’m using V2019.5.7 still facing this issue.

The step failed: Activity Notification on the Octopus Server failed with error 'An error occurred while attempting to establish an SSL or TLS connection.

One possibility is that you are trying to connect to a port which does not support SSL/TLS.

The other possibility is that the SSL certificate presented by the server is not trusted by the system for one or more of the following reasons:

1. The server is using a self-signed certificate which cannot be verified.
  2. The local system is missing a Root or Intermediate certificate needed to verify the server’s certificate.
  3. The certificate presented by the server is expired or invalid.

See https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit/blob/master/FAQ.md#InvalidSslCertificate for possible solutions.
The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.’.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this is still not working for you. As per the troubleshooting link you supplied - the first step is to check whether the target SMTP server is presenting a valid certificate. If the certificate is invalid (or self-signed), then the appropriate action would be to replace that with a valid, trusted certificate.

We would be unable to support SSL connections to a server with an untrusted certificate.

Thanks

Jason

A quick update on this

We do have an open issue that our engineering team is working on, that affects SMTP servers with self-signed certs. This may be related to your issue. Does your SMTP server have a self-signed cert by any chance?

Jason