How to setup Application Pool and Site on Octopus Deploy Server?

I inherited an Octopus Deploy Server on 2.6. I’m n the process of migrating to the latest verison of Octopus.

However I ran into a problem with how users are getting to the URL for the instances. On the old 2.6 server in IIS there is an application pool and site. This is page is called “Web Main Portal” and it contains the links to each instance. It looks office in terms after you click the instance you want to go to the header and footer of the page stays the same.

I’ve copied over the files which for the most part is just a default.htm, octopus.min.css, and octopus.min.js. The looks is based on the 2.6 version an not the 3.x version. I’ve attached a screenshot of the main page.

Does anyone know of how to create a main page that list all the instances with the files needed on the Deploy Server?

Hi Fahim,

Thanks for getting in touch! You haven’t attached any files. Do you have the file that was created or are you mostly starting from scratch?

Let me know what you find.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

I’ve attached the 4 files that are used for the “Web Main Portal”. We have this working for 3.x, but as you can image the page is using the old theme of 2.6 and then changes to the 3.x when you click a link to the instance you want to go to.

default.htm (3 KB)

octopus.min.js (1 MB)

OctopusDeployLogo.png

octopus.min.css (240 KB)

Hi Fahim,

I’m taking over this ticket as we were already having a similar discussion via email.

I've attached the 4 files that are used for the "Web Main Portal". We have this working for 3.x, but as you can image the page is using the old theme of 2.6 and then changes to the 3.x when you click a link to the instance you want to go to.

The CSS files that we use to style our web portal are part of our private code and you wont be able to find them in your Octopus server. You’re gonna have to make this file manually with some patience by browsing the Octopus 3.0 web portal and then using the browser’s developer tools to see the page’s CSS properties.

Does anyone know of how to create a main page that list all the instances with the files needed on the Deploy Server?

This is definitely not a part of our product, so you’re also gonna have to build this one manually too. Manually hardcoding the Octopus Instances in your default.html file seems to have worked for you in the past, so I would recommend going that way.

Best regards,
Dalmiro