How to see the Condition "Package Requirement"

Hello,

I’m facing an issue with the Condition “Package Requirement”.
This condition is not displayed in any of the step above the one that download the package.

Here is how my Steps are define (and an image bellow):

1. Stop Service (Powershell script)
  2. Backup (Multi Steps with multiple Scripts)
  3. Deploy Service in Stopped state (The one that acquire the package - This is a custom step template that is based on “Deploy a Windows Service”)
  4. … (Multiple other multi steps)

The issue we are facing is the fact that the downtime of the deployment is too long because the acquire package is done between the step 2 and 3. (And the service is already stopped)
I read in the documentation that there is a condition that can be added so that the first step will only be executed after the package has been acquired. But … The condition is not displayed in any of my steps.
Our server is currently in v2020.5.0.

Can you help me on this one ?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @jerome.marcotty

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you might be encountering this bug:

Where the setting should appear, but it’s not currently. It looks like it was fixed in version 2020.6.4671.

Therefore the recommended fix would be to upgrade to this or the latest version of Octopus.

If that’s not possible, you could set the property PackageRequirement on the Action/Step to have a value of AfterPackageAcquisition using the Octopus REST API for your first step.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello !
Thank you for your help.
I’ve uses the API while I wait for the update to be done on our server.
And it works fine !
Regards,

Hi @jerome.marcotty

That’s great to hear it works for you.

Happy deployments!