How to push a package to a specific space

Hi,

I am making my first experimentation with spaces. My newly created space cannot see any of the existing packages in the (I presume default space) Library, but I cannot work out how to get my Team City to push one to the Space’s specific library.

Thank you for reading this far.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! With the addition of spaces, we added the --space=VALUE argument in Octo.exe (which is what the TeamCity plugin uses under the hood). You can add this as an additional command line argument in your TeamCity push step to push to a specific space. This may require an update to your TeamCity plugin if you’re using an older version. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you. This has been a huge help. I am under way.

I have one visual studio solution that uses octopack. There seems to be no setting where I might add --space=VALUE. Am I missing something?

Attached image is what I see in Team City/

Hi,

You’re very welcome, I’m very happy to hear it’s been helpful!

Publishing a package to a non-default space should just work by specifying the space ID in the URL you have defined in the Publish packages to HTTP field (e.g. http://localhost:7050/spaces-ID/nuget/packages, and not specifying a space ID here just publishes to the default space). However I haven’t had a chance to give this a confirmation test and we haven’t added this yet to our docs. I’d be very keen to hear if this works as we expect. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for the clue.

It works, at least for me.

I first assumed it wanted the NAME of the space, because that seems to be the pattern in most places. Didn’t work.

I then guessed the ID must be some internal value. Is it formally displayed anywhere in the UI? I guessed it from looking at the url’s that the admin tool uses. So for me Spaces-2 was perfect.

Hi,

That’s great to hear the space ID added to the URL worked correctly! Thank you for letting me know the outcome, and I’ll make sure to update our docs soon to include this. :slight_smile:

The space ID displays in the URL when in the UI (it will display as OctoURL/app#/Spaces-ID/...). Alternatively, you can grab them from the API at OctoURL/api/spaces/all.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.