How to make clone or move projects template from one project group to another project group

(ayan.biswas) #1

Hi Team,

We need a quick and easy solution for copying the projects template from One Project group to another project group.
Currently we are having separate project group for each Account ( Client) and under each account multiple projects are there and each project is contains multiple process template inside. I know that I can create clone of the same process template within the same project. But need to know how can I make clone or move the same process template to different project group.

It very urgent for us as we need to create two separate project group ( UAT & Production ) and want to copy projects process template from other project group.

Quick help is appreciated !

Thanks,
Ayan

(Kenneth Bates) #3

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for getting in touch! The project cloning feature in the web portal (under the overflow menu in a project’s settings tab) allows you to clone to a different project group than the initial project is in. I’ve added a screenshot below showing this specific project group dropdown.

Additionally, you can change which group a project is currently in in the project’s settings tab.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

(ayan.biswas) #4

Hi Kenny,

The current version of Octopus Deploy installed on server is OctopusV2018.9.16.
As per the screenshot attached by you we are not able to find the Clone From field, Do I need to upgrade the Octopus to current release version. Pls guide me.

Thanks,
Ayan

(Kenneth Bates) #5

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for following up. 2018.9.16 should have this full capability. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots in my local instance running this same version below - could you compare these with what you’re seeing?

Clone option in the overflow menu:

Popup menu after selecting the Clone option:

If you don’t see some of this information, could it be due to some permissions restriction on your user?

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Kenny

(ayan.biswas) #6

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Now, I am able to find clone option in the overflow menu.

Regard,
Ayan

(Kenneth Bates) #7

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. You’re very welcome! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny