How to generate octopus auto deployment status for all the projects and send Email

HI,

I have some projects, I need to receive all projects auto deployment status (Sucess or Fail) and Email to group or members. How I can achieve this task? could you please share some ideas.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can use Octopus Subscriptions to solve your problem. In your particular case you might want to use Auto-deploy events.

Please, let me know how you go.

Regards,

Pawel

Hi Pawel,

Thank you!!

I have configured the email notification.

I’m glad it worked!

Regards,

Pawel

Hi Pawel,

I have configured but the email isn’t receiving. Is there any configuration I need to update. We have already created email notification for success deployment for that we have created a step in every project, same I need to follow for this one also?

Hi,

An email will be sent only when one of the Auto Deploy events occurs. Did any of them occur? Can you force one of them to test the subscription?

Regards,

Pawel

Hi Pawel,

No the email haven’t triggered.

We are using CI as Bamboo where Octopus Deploy: Promote Release configuration Plugin to manage the CD part for Octopus. From Bamboo the job will trigger and deploying in certain environments.

So in this case the email subscription will work right? Or is there any dependency with this plugin.

Hi,

I think we need to make sure that the emails notifications work. Can you create a simple subscription that sends emails when a new release is created ? Once that scenario is working you can modify it to include other events. Note, there is a page where you can keep an eye on Subscription logs.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Pawel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.