How to generate management certificate in octopus

Im trying to connect to azure and trying to find how to create a management certificate.

I have gone through this below link and I’m not clear how to generate management certificate.

can you please provide me steps to generate management certificate.

regards,
-Siva

Hi Siva,

Thanks for getting in touch! Azure has recently deprecated the service management APIs, meaning we’d recommend configuring Service Principal Accounts as an alternative to Management Certificate Accounts. We’ve outlined this change and how it affects deployments in Octopus in the following blog post.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for your reply.

So my understanding is octopus will not support Management certificate authentication for ARM…correct?

We can only go with Service Principle details to connect to ARM.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,
-Siva

Hi Siva,

You’re absolutely correct. Authenticating with Management Certificate Accounts are not supported for ARM, and you should instead create Service Principals. :slight_smile:

Let me know if there’s anything else we can assist with!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you,

Is there a way I generate a certificate (client certificate) in octopus and generate service principle details for that client certificate in Azure and then use the APP Id with the certificate key which is generated in octopus to connect to Azure??

If the answer is “No” then do you have any intent to implement this feature??

Regards,
-Siva

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.