How to exclude machines with connection issue during deployment

How to exclude machines with connection issue during deployment?
Out if 50 machines, if one machine has connection issue, it halts the overall deployment process.
Octopus being a matured platform, I am sure there must be someway to overcome this issue.
Please can you help me with that?

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus can definitely overcome this issue! Octopus 3.4 introduced the elastic and transient environments feature. This allows you to skip machines that are unavailable before, or become unavailable during a deployment, and not halt your deployment because of an unavailable machine. Check out our documentation section and blog post covering elastic and transient environments in great detail, with examples on accomplishing this. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny, Thanks for your response.
However i am not able to see Healthcheck step as mentioned in link

i can only see the options as seen in the attached.
Please advise.

Hi Pratik,

That’s no problem! Are you trying to configure a health check as a child step? Since health checks run against all of the machines in the target role or environment, and not just the current one being deployed to in a rolling deployment, health checks aren’t available as child steps. Are you able to add a health check as a standard step in your deployment process?

Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny, Thats absolutely correct. That helps :slight_smile:
Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated

Hi Pratik,

That’s no problem! I’m glad it helped. :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny