How to deploy war file

Hello Support Team.

This is my first time to handle JAVA deployment and I would like to know if you have any documentation on how to deploy JAVA war file using Octopus deploy.

Thank you.
Nestor

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for reaching out! As a general rule of thumb, anything you can package, you can deploy!

Octopus requires an artifact, so you need to package your whole application in to a supported package type. Note that .jar files are not a supported package type. You can store and use NuGet packages from both the external and built-in repositories, whereas the other types can only use the built-in repository.

You can use Octo.exe to package and push your application. Then you can deploy that package via a Deploy a Package step in the same way you would other package types.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Kenny

Thanks for immediate response Kenneth Bates. I trying pushing the artifact on Octopus but received this error.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D26DED.F8A0F320]
Maybe I’m doing it wrong. Here’s my configuration.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D26DED.F8A0F320]

Thanks for immediate response Kenneth. I tried pushing the artifact on Octopus but received this error.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D26DEE.25E367F0]
Maybe I’m doing it wrong. Here’s my configuration.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D26DEE.25E367F0]
Any suggestion? Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Nestor

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for following up and adding your screenshots. Support for ZIP packages was added in Octopus 3.3, and it looks like you’re running Octopus 3.2.23, as shown in your TeamCity log. If you are able to upgrade to 3.3 or later, your ZIP packages will be supported. In the meantime, NuGet packages are the only supported package-type.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Kenny

Yup! I also noticed that after comparing the two octopus deploy we have.

Thank you so much kenneth bates.