How to deploy projects to different instances in IIS on the same server. Do you guys have a contact number?

How to deploy projects to different instances in IIS on the same server. Do you guys have a contact number?

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for getting in touch! We do not have a phone number due to distance and time difference.
Could you explain your scenario and what you are trying to accomplish and we can help with guidance on the setup.

Thanks!
Vanessa

Vanessa,

Hope you can understand what I am saying, but we are trying to use your product to deploy our code from our TFS environment which is hosted to our Test and QA environments. But we don’t use a different server for the QA and test environments. They both reside on the same server, Which is a Windows 2008 R2 Server, running IIS. We have to different sites hosted on that server(setfinancialtest.com and qa.setfinancialtest.com). But both have their own individual folder where the web files are located. Is there a way to direct the Octo Deploy to publish to the specific sites and folders. If so how do we accomplish this?

Hope you understand what I am getting at.

Thanks

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the explanation. My recommendation is the following:
Create two environments one for QA and one for Test, and then assign your machine to both environments.
This way when you create the project, you can create variables for things like directory paths and scope it to the correct environments. When the project is deployed to QA it will know the correct folder where it is located due to this variable scoping.

I have a blog post that deploys a PHP site (I know its very different!) But it shows how to set up a variable for your installation path to give you an idea about how to set this up.

The scenario you are describing is really what Octopus is designed for, and even if you end up with a different machine for each environment, the project will still work!

Vanessa