How to deploy entity framework core migrations

I had to make few modifications to the script in order to set the dll paths right.
Here is how it is looking now

set EfMigrationsNamespace=%Dummy.WebAPI
set EfMigrationsDllName=%Dummy.WebAPI.deps.dll
set EfMigrationsDllDepsJson=%Dummy.WebAPI.deps.json
set EfMigrationsStartupAssembly=%Dummy.Data.dll
set DllDir=%cd%
set PathToNuGetPackages=%USERPROFILE%.nuget\packages
set PathToEfDll=%PathToNuGetPackages%\microsoft.entityframeworkcore.tools\1.1.1\tools\netcoreapp1.0\ef.dll
ECHO %PathToEfDll%

dotnet exec --depsfile .%EfMigrationsDllDepsJson% --additionalprobingpath %PathToNuGetPackages% %PathToEfDll% database update --assembly .%EfMigrationsDllName% --startup-assembly .%EfMigrationsStartupAssembly% --project-dir . --content-root %DllDir% --data-dir %DllDir% --verbose --root-namespace %EfMigrationsNamespace%

However the script throws index oput of bound error which is very confusing to me. Here is the exception.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.CommandLine.CommandLineApplication.ParseOption(Boolean isLongOption, CommandLineApplication c
ommand, String[] args, Int32& index, CommandOption& option)
at Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.CommandLine.CommandLineApplication.Execute(String[] args)
at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools.Program.Main(String[] args)
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Any clue to this error?

Hi,

We do not provide support for dotnet or EntityFramework itself, and it does not look like Octopus is involved. I suggest posting your question on a EntityFramework forum or on StackOverflow.

Regards,

Robert W