How to Delete OctopusDeploy Project

I want to delete octopus deployed project and want to start versioning from beginning like 1.0.0.0

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Are you wanting to delete your entire project and create a new one, or just delete the deployed releases of your project?

You can delete a project via the web portal in your [Project Name] > Settings page. My first attached screenshot shows where you can do this.

You can also delete individual releases in the web portal in the [Project Name] > Releases > [Release Version] page and selecting Edit this release. My second and third screenshots shows this process. Additionally, you can use the delete-releases Octo.exe command. Check out our documentation that covers this option.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

I want to delete only deployed releases of project.

Thanks,
Paresh

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for following up. You can delete your releases one at a time in your web portal, as shown in my previously attached screenshots, by selecting [Project Name] > Releases > [Release Version], selecting Edit this release, and finally Delete. You can also delete releases via Octo.exe with the delete-releases command where you can define a range of release versions to delete. Does this help?

Let me know if this helps, and if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

Yes. Thanks a lot Kenneth, appreciate your instant help.

Hi Paresh,

That’s not a problem at all! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny