How to create delay betwen environment?

Hello! I want to create delay between deployed different environments(Staging → sleep 60min → production), now i am using sleep it’s working fine but sleep during 60 minutes throughout all 60 minutes my worker is busy…

Ideal picture in my case:

When there is a delay between the deployment between different environments, my worker can serve other requests

How can I achieve this?

Hey @vrublevsky , thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forum!

Can you tell me a little bit more about the wait between the environments?

• Is this for testing in the Staging environment?
  • Is it always 60 minutes?
  • Does it require a manual sign off, or is automatically deploying without intervention okay?

Understanding your use case will allow me to offer some better advice to help you sort this out!

Is this for testing in the Staging environment?

Yes, it’s for testing in the staging env.

Is it always 60 minutes?

I think it can any time, but some specific time. For example - 60 \ 120 \ 200 min.

Does it require a manual sign off, or is automatically deploying without intervention okay?

I want to automatically time should start going after a successful deployment in env.

Big pictures of process:

1. After create new release automatically deploy to staging environment.
  2. If deployment succeeded - Waiting 60 min and deploy to production environment.

Now it’s all implemented, the 60-minute worker sleeps and can’t handle other tasks.

Thanks for the added context @vrublevsky !

There are a couple of ways to approach this use case. First things first, if you aren’t familiar with manual interventions in Octopus, I’d recommend taking a look at those here in our documentation.

Once you’re familiar with those, we have some great documentation on automating those approvals. There’s also a community step template that can check for and approve interventions, located here in the community library!

Hopefully that gets you sorted and moving in the right direction. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!