How to connect an Account to a Project

Hi,

I have a few projects (created years ago) which are able to access the Accounts (created in the Infrastructure>Accounts page) as a variable.
I’ve just created a new project and am trying to use the Account as a variable in exactly the same way as one of our existing projects but can’t see it as an option.
I’ve connected all of the same library templates and script modules but it’s still not appearing as an option.
These are the accounts I want to connect to

and I’m successfully using them in one project, and unsuccessfully in another in a powershell script here;

Any help to understand how to connect the Accounts to my new project would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Archie

Hi Archie,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

You should be able to do this using the following approach:

1. Click on the “Bind Variable” icon:

2. Click on the “Select Variable” icon:

3. Choose the account variable from the popup list:

Could you please try the above and let me know how it goes?

Best Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the quick response. If I do that in my new project I have nothing showing up for the variable;

However in the old project the correct variable shows up;

Thanks,

Archie

Hi Archie,

Thank you for getting back to me.

The most likely explanation for this is that the Account has been created under the Infrastructure tab but that it hasn’t been added to the project yet. Can you please add the variable to the project (as outlined on the help page linked below) and then repeat the above steps?

Best Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

You’re absolutely right. I can’t even blame this on not knowing it was there as I added this to the old project around a year ago!!

Thanks so much for the help and rapid response, it’s working for me now :smile:
Archie

Hi Archie,

Thank you for confirming, it’s great to hear that it’s working now :slight_smile:

Please get back to us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.