How Increase execution on target at the same time

Hi,
How can I increase execution on target at the same time?

In deploy logs i have the message:
"Waiting for the script in task ServerTasks-18946 to finish as that script requires that no other Octopus scripts are executing on this target at the same time. "

I have set in the projects OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex variable to True, but it would seem to have no effect.

Tnx!

Regards,
Gennaro R.

Hi @gennaro.riccio,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

This may be a license limitation. By chance, were you running 5 or more tasks at the time this occurred?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell,
We have a licence with 100 target. :slight_smile:

License Limits
Nodes 2/Unlimited
Projects 1048/Unlimited
Spaces 12/Unlimited
Targets 72/100
Tasks 0/Unlimited
Users 25/Unlimited
Workers 1/Unlimited

Regards,
Gennaro.

Hi @gennaro.riccio,

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies for the assumption. I was referencing the licenses attached to your registered email.

Circling back to the issue:

• What version of Octopus are you running?
  • Were the tasks in question, being deployed to the same target, from the same Space or from different Spaces?
  • What type of tasks/deployments were running on the target at the time of the error?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell,
sorry i’m now writing with correct account.

What version of Octopus are you running?

Were the tasks in question, being deployed to the same target, from the same Space or from different Spaces?

Same Space and same target

What type of tasks/deployments were running on the target at the time of the error?

No error, I have set in the projects OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex variable to True, but it would seem to have no effect.

Tnx!.
Regards,
Gennaro.

Hi Gennaro,

Thank you for getting in touch and providing that additional information. I’ll take over for Donny as he recently just went on leave for the holidays. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear about the confusion this issue has caused you. Would you be willing to send some additional information to help me narrow down what could be going on? I’d like to compare the two task logs, the one reporting this Waiting for the script in task... message, and also the task log from ServerTasks-18946 as mentioned in that message. There should be a link to that task in the message.

You can upload them on your account at Octopus.com under the Support tab, or you can email them to support@octopus.com and I can pick it up there.

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.