How do I view Deployment Target Warnings?

While observing the status of my deployment targets, I noticed several of them are in Warning state. From there, I do not know how to see what it is warning about. If I click on my deployment target and then navigate to the Connectivity tab, I see

Healthy with warnings

The last health check encountered warnings

I was expecting something in the log on this page to describe the warning, but all I see are info messages, no warnings. The latest check in that log didn’t reveal anything.

Thanks!

Hi @BevOps

Thanks for getting in touch, and you’re right, this is harder than it should be.

The best way to work out why a machine is reporting as having a warning is to check the latest Health Check task and view it’s logs. You can do this by heading to the Tasks tab, then filtering by Task Type for Health Check

Then select the latest Health Check task, select the Task Log heading, then scroll down and expand anything with warnings and it should report in detail why the warning has shown (which in my case is that Calamari is out of date):

Screen-Shot-2018-10-26-at-2-14-16-pm

I’ll pass this along to our usability team as well to see if we can make some changes so that this is easier to find in future, but hopefully this gets you the information that you need in the meantime.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with,

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex, viewing the task log worked. I appreciate this is an area for UI/UX improvement. From an Octopus administrator standpoint, it feels more intuitive to go to the Infrastructure view to do this. I like to check on our status each morning, and the Overview tab here provides a great view.

I think you’ve captured the fact that when users see a target flagged here as unavailable etc. they would want a quick link to the why.

Hi @BevOps

Glad to hear that you were able to find the information you needed.

I 100% agree that a links from the infrastructure page would be a much better place to expose this information. I’ve checked in with the team and it is something that they are aware of and are working on as a part of a larger piece of work around improving this area of Octopus so stay tuned for improvements!

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.