How do I get the "Preload enabled" in the "IIS Application - Create" step template?

In the “IIS Application - Create” step template installed on our Octopus Deploy server, there’s no sign of the “Preload enabled” checkbox seen in this question.

Where does the step template having that checkbox come from and why does the “IIS Application - Create” step template installed on our Octopus Deploy server not have it?

Also, is it possible to set the “Startup Mode” of the Application Pool as well as the URL that IIS should request on warmup?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I may need a little more information from you here. :slight_smile:

Looking at the step template for IIS Application - Create in our community library, I can see the option. I also just added it to my Octopus server and can confirm that it is there.

Would you be able to confirm what version of Octopus you are using?
Could you also try re-importing the step from the community library and confirming that the button is there?

As for the application pool startup mode, you can either edit the template to include this or have another step that controls this manually.

Let me know how you go. If you run into any issues here or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. It was simply that our step template was outdated. Is it not possible to update it in place?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. I’m not too sure what version you are on. However, in Octopus 3.7.0 we released our community library integration features. This included the ability to update your templates via the Library -> Step Templates screen. Below is a link to our documentation with a run down of how to update your templates.

Here is a link to the GitHub issue surrounding the release of these step template features: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2698

Let me know if that helps or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel