How can I manage several instances of the same application on one server?

Hello, I would like to know what are the practices to manage several instances of the same deployed application on one server? We want to have two static environments for testing purposes, however to be able to deploy code from different branches on the same server in one environment. What are the options for us?

Thank you.

Hi Stan,

Thanks for getting in touch! There are a couple of options here. However, personally I believe the best option would be to use our Channel feature. Channels, among many other things, let you manage different branches of the same application in your environments. We have some fantastic documentation pages on how to use Channels and what they can accomplish.

The documentation page is quite extensive and provides a lot of information:

The other thing you could look into in using multi-tenancy to accomplish this. Tenants will allow you to create a project per tenant and deploy them to the same environment. Though I do believe Channels are the easiest/best fit for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions here or get stuck. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel, I decided to go with Tenants feature. Works like a charm.

Hi Stan,

Thanks for getting back! Great! I’m glad to hear that. Feel free to get in touch at any time. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel