How can I disable a trigger?

Hi All,
How do I simply turn a trigger off to stop it firing and leave all the details intact ready for later use?
Mike :slight_smile:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Deploy support in regards to this query,

Unfortunately, at this stage it’s not possible to flag a trigger as “inactive or disabled”, the only option that exists is to delete and re-create as required.

If possible, however, would you be able to elaborate further on how this feature would assist you? There may exist another approach depending on the scenario.

I’ve also included below a link to our User Voice area, feel free to also suggest this idea, this is our main avenue when considering new features/enhancements like this based on community support.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

To further elaborate, I am just planning our new Octopus environment and looking at how we are going to use it.
Triggers look interesting and useful, like for example triggering a deployment when a new machine is provisioned and added to an environment as a target with the appropriate role added. But we may want to wait for the next release for example, and so it would be very convenient to disable a trigger.
Really I am just looking at ideas and it seemed like one should be able to turn off a trigger for whatever reason was appropriate at the time rather than deleting it and recreating it when you needed it next.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me in regards to this query,

I agree that this sounds like a great feature to have as deleting and re-creating triggers definitely adds some unnecessary workload and is quite error-prone.

Have you had a chance to head over to our User Voice area to leave your thoughts on this? As previously mentioned, this is our main avenue when considering new features/enhancements based on community support. I did have a look beforehand but couldn’t find anything.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece