Highest and lowest permissions?

We are currently on 3.7.10. I am a member of the administrator group, but I am also a member of other groups through ad group membership. In general, octopus recognizes me as an administrator and grants me access to reconfigure and edit. However, because of the other groups that have lower access rights, I am prevented from adding projects to some of the project groups not part of the other groups. It seems like highest privilege wins for most areas, but in others the lowest privilege wins. I would hope that administrator would overrule them all in all cases. Can you clarify?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ve done some testing and have been able to replicate exactly what you’re seeing. I’ve created the following GitHub issue you can follow:

I’ve been able to work around it by removing the Admin user from the Team with the restrictive permissions.

I’m very sorry you’ve hit this bug! And thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,

Kenny

Excellent, happy bug squashing!

Hi Richard

Just a quick note to let you know we’ve figured out root cause of the issue, and we’re looking to have a fix out in the next day or so.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Matt