High memory usage

I tried searching on here but did not find anyone mention any issues related to high memory usage the Octopus Server process so I figured I’d go ahead and ask.

In previous instances where I have setup Octopus Deploy I have used TeamCity as my nuget repository, but on a new project I decided to use its Nuget feed instead for deployments, and I have noticed subsequently that it uses a lot more memory than I see on other servers where we don’t have it act as the Nuget Repository.

Right now the server we have that uses the Octopus nuget repository is using over 1GB of memory (it was previously using over 2GB before I restarted the service), as compared to a Octopus instance that does not use its nuget repository that is sitting around 200MB of memory being used.

Is there anything I can look at to try and figure out why this instance is using so much more memory than previous instances?

Thanks!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch! What version of Octopus Server are you running?
Are you able to send us your logs from c:\Octopus\Logs

Thanks!
Vanessa

Vanessa,

We are currently running 2.5.8.447 on the instance with high memory usage and the one that appears to be operating normally is running 2.0.13.1100.

For the logs, can I email them instead of attaching them here since they contain things we would like to keep private?

Hi Ben,

You sure can. Please email it to support at octopusdeploy dot com.

Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa.

I have sent the log file to that email address referencing this problem ticket number.