Help required for azure web site deployment

I I cannot see any option to add azure website as deployment target Kindly guide me on how to create a deployment target for azure website
screen shot attached

screenshot.JPG

Hi Muralee,

Thanks for getting in touch! Deploying an Azure website works a bit differently than using traditional Tentacle. Instead, you would configure an Azure account in Octopus, which will be selected in a Deploy an Azure Web App deployment step and used for the connection to your website.

You can create an Azure account in your Octopus web portal under the Environments > Accounts page. Here you’ll configure your Azure subscription details.

One thing to note here is that there are two different authentication methods for Azure - Management Certificate and Service Principal. If you’re using the newer Azure portal (i.e. at portal.azure.com), then you would use a Service Principal account. We have documentation pages to outline creating either account that can be found here: https://octopus.com/docs/guides/azure-deployments/creating-an-azure-account

Then when you’re configuring a Deploy an Azure Web App deployment step, you can select your Azure account and web app to deploy to.

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny