Health Check Failed - 405 Method Not Allowed

I have an Octopus server running Version 1.0.15.1246. I am trying to add my very first Tentacle (also version 1.0.15.1246) but the health check is failing with:

2012-07-10 00:34:02 ERROR System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (405) Method Not Allowed. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.

I have attached the raw log.

From the machine where the Octopus server is installed I can browse to the Tentacle successfully via a web browser and can see the HealthService Service page and view the wsdl etc without problems. When I run the Tentacle in interactive mode, it looks happy and no error show. So I think the Tentacle appears to be running correctly.

Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide.

octopus_server_log.txt (6 KB)

Hi James,

Are there any other firewalls or proxy servers in between the Octopus and Tentacle? You could try running Fiddler (you may need to restart the Octopus server after starting fiddler) to see more details about the error.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It appears that Octopus server was not part of our internal domain, and so the Local System account did not have permission to access the network? In any case I fixed the issue by setting the Octopus server to run as a domain account and all is now well.

Thanks for you help,
James