Has the 'new-squid' parameter been deprecated?

I’m updating some of my organization’s powershell scripts and came across one for this product. Our script uses '.\tentacle.exe new-squid --instance “Tentacle” ’ and it’s failing as I try to test my scripts.

I’ve read on other posts that this should be used on servers which have been cloned post-configuration and may not need to be part of the configuration. However, I may need to be able to account for this in case some of our admins use a pre-configured server – if/then checks.

I’ve tried getting more information on the parameter by using ‘tentacle.exe help new-squid’ but have had no luck. Has this been deprecated all together in 3.0? I’m just trying to locate the boundaries here and can’t find proper documentation on the parameter online or within the help command.

2016-02-08_12-24-28.png

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. That command has been deprecated since 3.0. Did you just upgrade from 2.6 to 3.x by any chance?

If you are now in 3.0, you might wanna take a look at this doc about Automating Tentacle installations to see which commands you have to run: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Automating+Tentacle+installation

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Not new, but I think the configuration PS scripts haven’t been touched since the upgrade.

I’m all over the article you mentioned. I just couldn’t seem to rationalize that one part of the script with the article.

Thanks!