Guest account not seeing the same as "Everyone" team

I have enabled the guest account on our Octopus deployment. The Everyone team on this server is has the Project viewer and Environment viewer roles. When a user in no roles logs in they are able to see a dashboard of environments showing the releases deployed to them. When a guest logs in the dashboard is blank. Please explain why this is, if you know. The Guest user is not actually listed in the Everyone team. I added Guest to the administrators team and the Guest user is able to see all of the admin screens.

Thank you,

Brett

As a test I created a new Team and added the Project Viewer and Environment viewer roles. I added Guest to this team and they are able to see the same dashboard as everyone now. Is this due to the fact that Guest isn’t listed in the Everyone group?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve created a github issue for this: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2342

For now manually adding the Guest to the Everyone group should do.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Thank you for the reply. There is no way (through the UI) to add a user to Everyone. My workaround is having the team setup with the same roles as the Everyone group.

Kind regards,

Brett

Hi Brett - You are correct users cannot be added to “Everyone”. Totally forgot about it (we don’t get many tickets about that particular team).

Your workaround makes sense.

Regards,
Dalmiro