Granting View Only rights to Settings

Due to compliance reasons, our auditors are required to view and document the Active Directory configuration within the Settings section. Is there any way to grant a user View Only access for that? We’d prefer not to grant elevated configuration access to auditors.Thanks!

Hi @tfbryan,

Thanks for reaching out on our community forum!

Unfortunately, there is no ‘read-only’ setting for that area of Octopus. That is a system permission called ConfigureServer, and there is no separate entry for view and edit.

If you want to provide info for auditors, you’ll have to give them screenshots or grant them that permission.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Brent

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Brent. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Is there any way to request a permission be added for ReadOnly access to system info? Maybe even a Compliance Officer role or something like that? Thanks again. I think for now we’ll stick with supplying screenshots on request.

Hey @tfbryan,

We have a UserVoice page where you can create and vote for feature requests. That would probably be your best avenue for a change. If a request gets enough votes, our development team will review the item and it might get added to the backlog for implementation.

Best,
Brent