Getting System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

i am getting the below error. I am running octopus tentacle and Calamari versions - 3.3.11
I am running the octopus tentacle under local system account. I have tried running with domain\account1 - which is an administrator on the machine where the tentacle service is running, but no luck.

Please help what is it that I should be checking. Why NULL reference error? I checked the .cs line 13 and its trying to do something with Credentials.

Acquiring packages
Making a list of packages to download
Looking up the package location from the built-in package repository…
Looking up the package location from the built-in package repository…
The step failed: One or more child activities failed.
TEST_Server
The remote script failed with exit code -1073741819
Upload package xxxxABCD version 3.0.0.79
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
14:28:10Error
at Calamari.Integration.Proxies.ProxyInitializer.InitializeDefaultProxy() in Y:\work\14ffc968155e4956\source\Calamari\Integration\Proxies\ProxyInitializer.cs:line 13
at Calamari.Program.Execute(String[] args) in Y:\work\14ffc968155e4956\source\Calamari\Program.cs:line 29
at Calamari.Program.Main(String[] args) in Y:\work\14ffc968155e4956\source\Calamari\Program.cs:line 22

Hi Sudhakar,

Thank you for getting in touch. Are you trying to configure Calamari to use a proxy?

Do you have the variables TentacleProxyUsername and TentacleProxyPassword set? If so, is TentacleProxyPassword empty?

Does the machine have a proxy configured?

I have attached a debug build of Calamari that has extra debug information in it. Here are the instructions on how to install it.

If you use that to run the failing step, and send me the tentacle log file along with the deployment log file, it’ll help diagnose the problem. Don’t forget to reset to using the default Calamari version.

Robert W

Calamari.1.0.20160628.104252.nupkg (7 MB)