Getting object reference error when setting Azure accounts

HI,

I am getting below error while setting up Azure Account in Octopus. Could you please help ?

Unable to verify account:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Octopus.Server.Orchestration.TestAccount.AccountTestTaskController+AccountTestException
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.TestAccount.AccountTestTaskController.Execute() in AccountTestTaskController.cs:line 44
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.RunningTask.RunMainThread() in RunningTask.cs:line 101

Thanks
Vinayak

Hi Vinayak,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected and annoying issue while setting up your Azure accounts! This error message looks exactly the same to a recent bug we’ve encountered (and fixed in version 2020.1.2) which was a result of Octopus ignoring proxy config when configuring Azure targets. If that sounds like it might apply in your scenario, would you be able to upgrade and let me know if that clears this up for you? You can reference this bug report at the following link.

If that doesn’t match your scenario, could you send us through some additional information for us to dig into this issue further? Which version of Octopus are you currently running? Could you also send a copy of your server logs (located in C:\Octopus\Logs in standard installs)? Feel free to mark this thread as private or email us at support@octopus.com and we can retrieve these details there.

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Octopus is on 2019.13.7 and have sent logs to support@octopus.com

Thanks
Vinayak

Hi Vinayak,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. I can confirm I’ve received them via email and we can continue the conversation there. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.