Getting no such file or directory error

Hello team,

Can you advise me on the no such file or directory error that i am encountering when I run the process to execute cypress tests directly on worker(ubuntu) or when the process is called via docker container to run run on worker.

I have manipulated the bash script to see to execute, but failed - hence came back to lovely team for suggestions.

Hi @parnithakaleru,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you are having trouble using Cypress/Inline-Assets in Octopus Deploy, but I would be happy to help take a closer look.

As an initial step, could you share the latest script you are running here so I can review it? This will provide a bit more insight into the output you are getting.

Here is a secure link to drop this, so you don’t have to post it to the public forum.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Britton

Hi Britton,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the log onto secure link. Look forward for your inputs.

Regards,
Pari

Hi @parnithakaleru,

Just stepping in for Britton while he’s offline, confirming we have received the log file ok!

From a quick look it seems that the /e2e folder might not be residing in the work folder /etc/octopus/Cypress-worker/Work/20230323152534-52971-2338 and so it’s failing to run the chmod command (along with other errors) from the context where the Script.sh is executed:

chmod: cannot access '/etc/octopus/Cypress-worker/Work/20230323152534-52971-2338/e2e/node_modules/inline-assets/bin/inline-assets.js': No such file or directory

Could you please confirm the location of the /e2e folder and either relocate it or adjust any scripts to reference that location? We’d be happy to help with this if you’d like to send any scripts or deployment process through!

Let me know if that’s not the case and I’d be happy to dig into it further, feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

Many thanks for looking into the issue @finnian.dempsey.

/e2e is a working directory and has been added in the docker file. I am happy to send any files that you may require to investigate.

Regards,
Pari

Just to add more info here - I am running same set of tests with hardcoded URL and cred’s to the application on the same project which runs successfully and html files are created.

Issue is when I try to use substitute variables and variables substituted into cypress .js and .cy.js files where docker build is successful but docker run would fail looking for actual URL instead of variable.

The docker file elements around /e2e are

ADD Cypressdir /e2e
WORKDIR /e2e

Regards,
Pari

Hi Pari,

Thank you for the updates, and I’m sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your Cypress deployment process in Octopus Deploy, but I would be happy to continue helping.

In taking a look through things this morning, I did notice one more line in the log that might be causing issues:

15:25:38 Verbose | Parsing file '/etc/octopus/[redacted]/Work/[redacted]/[redacted]/cypress.config.js' with Octostache returned the following error: `The following tokens were unable to be evaluated: '#{WebsiteName.DataServices}'`

Would this variable evaluation issue have anything to do with the problem you are seeing?

Outside of this, I would recommend adding some sleep steps to your process in Octopus Deploy so you can manually inspect things as they sit in the container during a deployment - from here, you should be able to try running the same commands that your Octopus process is, and hopefully this will shed some light on what’s happening here.

I hope this helps, but let me know what you find out in your testing.

Regards,

Britton

Hi Britton,

Sorry for delay in reply. I am currently dealing with another issue where the package will directly be executed on worker. Please bear with me.

Regards,
Pari

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.