Getting a

I am having a problem with a dependency (log4net) getting left out of the deployment of a Windows Service. I am using Octopus Deploy 2.6.0.778. I can see the log4net.dll and log4net.xml files in the NuGet package, but they are missing from the deployed service. How do I get this dependency deployed with the Windows Service?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

When you say they are missing from the deployed service, do you mean that the log4net.dll|xml are missing from the folder where the service was extracted to, or do you mean that it is missing from the Dependencies tab of the Windows Service properties dialog?

Thank you and warm regards,
Henrik

They are missing from the folder where the service is deployed.

Hi,

Can you please check the verbose output of the deployment log for one of the deployments for this Windows Service, in the deployment step there should be a line that says how many files were extracted from the uploaded package (see example below), could you please see if this number matches the actual number of files that are included in the NuGet package (excluding _rels and package\services\metadata).

Package will be extracted to: C:\Octopus\Applications\Development
Installing package OctoFX.RateService.Development.2.7.2063 from uploaded package cache into C:\Octopus\Applications\Development\OctoFX.RateService.Development\2.7.2063
13 files were extracted from the package

As we just extract the files that are contained within the NuGet package, there seems something else might be at play here. Do you have AV software or the likes running on the server where your are running these deployments on?

Thank you and warm regards,

Henrik

This seems to now be working. I’ll create another ticket if this issue resurfaces.