Get projects api not showing all the projects intermittently

I am doing the following things with octopus API :

1. Delete the existing project “DemoProject”

2. Create a new project “DemoProject”

3. Check the new project “DemoProject” ID

After creating a project using UI or API, when I check below endpoint

{{Octopus_url}}/Octopus/api/{{space}}/projects/all

The newly created project is not shown, it shows after like 20 mins or so sometimes.

I used postman to check the endpoint and used UI to create the project

Octopus version: 2020.1.17

Hi @praveendvd0pravu,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

Is the project showing up immediately in the Octopus Server GUI, or is that also delayed by 20 minutes? By what method are you looking at the projects JSON, browsing there in a web browser? If you pull down the projects JSON via an API call and look at it, is it there immediately?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Even in UI its the same issue, the project appears and then disappears when i refresh the page

we are using self hosted , 3 node load-balanced octopus , Octopus version: 2020.1.17.

I created the project using a user that have create and view permission only to that specific project group

Hi @praveendvd0pravu,

Sorry, I didn’t realize you had a load-balanced octopus instance. This definitely points to some sort of inconsistency in the cluster, in that they aren’t syncing correctly. Have you checked to see if all of the nodes are pointing to the correct database, are any of the nodes experiencing over-utilization? are there any network inconsistencies or issues in-between the three nodes?

Thanks,
Jeremy

HI @jeremy.miller Thanks for looking into this , we are still investigating . THere seems some user access right overlapping also that causing this issue. But we are not yet sure, still investigating

Hi @praveendvd0pravu,

You’re welcome. Please let me know if you figure out the root cause or need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.