Get a report regarding the latest version installed on each machine/environment?

We are now using Octopus as a “production” tool. Actually our build server deploy the products over 4 machines and then the Stakeholders simply update/promote the release to other machines.
The issue we are facing now is that within an environment we have multiple machines and sometimes a release is promoted only to one of the machines in an environment.
Problem?
The problem is that right now, within Octopus, I can’t easily have an overview of what has been deployed and where.
How can I build something like this?

@@@

• Environment “Staging”
  • MACHINE01 - version 2.1.1
  • MACHINE02 - version 2.1.0
  • MACHINE03 - version 2.1.1
  • Environment “Production”
  • MACHINE04 - version 2.1.1
  • MACHINE05 - version 2.1.0
  • MACHINE06 - version 2.1.1
    @@@

The problem is that we tried to plug into the RavenDB studio provided with Octopus Server but the syntax is non SQL at all and it’s quite hard to understand how to create a query that for example, joins two documents together …
I assume that this is quite a mandatory requirement cause after few weeks of usages we are almost lost in managing release/machines without a reporting tool nearby …

Hi Raffaeu,

Good question. Are you using the new ‘Deploy to specific machines’ feature to do this? We don’t really track the data at the moment needed to query this (either in Raven or via our API) but it’s something we can try to add in the future.

Paul

Yes actually Paul when you have multiple machines in one environment we use this functionality. The ideal would be to have those machines in different environments and then we will be able to achieve our goal but this functionality is very helpful for us.
Actually I browsed a bit the documents in raven and I struggled to find an index with proper info about it.
Is there any way we can have this feature in your backlog?

Thanks Raffaeu, I’ve opened an item in the backlog here - we’ll do it for 2.5:

Paul

Hi Paul, thank you so much, this is great.
Actually I think you should start to re-think a little bit about the Dashboard. Actually it tells me that on my Staging environment I have version 1.1.12 of my App but actually MACHINE01 and MACHINE02 have 1.1.12 but MACHINE03 is still on 1.1.11 and this information is completely skipped because of this.

Anyway thank you so much again for the backlog item :slight_smile: