Generate API Key: front-end bug

Hi folks,

running into a front-end bug here: users => API Keys => Generate New API Key

=> change value of “Set Expiry Date” dropdown => React error:

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2021.3.8815: “Error: Minified React error #185; visit Minified React error #185 – React for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.”

Can work around for now, just wanted to report it.

Thanks!
Max

1 Like

Hey Max,

Thanks for reaching out and for all of the information.

Can you please tell me what version your cloud instance is currently on and which browser you’re using? I doubt this is browser-related, but just in case.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for the quick response! Our cloud instance is on v2021.3 (Build 8815) and I’m using Chrome 97.0.4692.71.

Best,
Max

Hey Max,

You’re very welcome!

I’ve spun up a 2021.3.8815 and did the following in both Chrome and Firefox and hit no error.

1. Click into my profile
  2. Click API Keys
  3. Click New API Key
  4. Type in a name
  5. Change the duration to one of the predefined durations
  6. Click Generate new

Is there something I’ve missed in my reproduction, or is that what you’re doing on your side?

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

I can confirm that the error doesn’t reproduce with those steps. However, it does reproduce with the following steps:

1. Click “Configuration” (top nav)
  2. Click “Users” (left nav)
  3. Click on my own user
  4. Click on “API Keys” section to expand it
  5. Click on “New API Key”
  6. Change the selection of the “Set expiry date” section

Best,
Max

Hey Max,

Huh, interesting. I’d never done it via that method before. It’s also interesting that it fails one way but not the other.

I’ve raised a GitHub issue for this here: When Generating a new API key and you change the expiry date, you get an error. Error: Minified React error #185 · Issue #7309 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and thanks for the detailed instructions.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.