GCP Account

Hello,
I have a question related with Accounts section in Octopus. There’s possibility to define some accounts for two public cloud providers: AWS and Azure. I was wondering if is any chance to implement new type account for Google Cloud Platform ?
This account would store the service account JSON key. This feature helps to save and use credentials from one place!

Best regards
Piotr

Hi Piotr,
Thanks for reaching out. Welcome back to our forum!

One of our internal engineering teams is currently discussing adding a new account type for Google Cloud Platform sometime in the future. As a workaround, you can save the service account JSON key as a sensitive variable and use that for cloud authorization.

I hope that helps, and we appreciate you letting us know what will make your Octopus experience better! Don’t hesitate to reach out again if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tina

Hello Tina,
thanks for you quick response.

The workaround, that you describe is currently being used. But when you have multiple spaces and projects, storing this credentials in sensitive variable is little painful. As a system administrator, I should have centralized place for storing infrastructure credentials. With that feature, I will be able to manage keys and to do security audits. This is something that should be taken into consideration by engineering team, to estimate feature release more precisely.

I hope to see this functionality in upcoming Octopus releases.

Kind Regards,
Piotr

Hey Piotr,
I have some positive news for you after speaking to our Product Team. Adding an account type for Google Cloud Platform is on the roadmap for Cycle 3 of this year! Keep an eye on What’s New for this to come out later in the year.

I hope this provides some assurance that we’re doing our best to bring you this functionality as soon as we can and again, we truly appreciate your feedback!

Kind Regards,

Hello Tina,
this is great news. This is something that will make Octopus better.

Kind Regards,
Piotr

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.