Forgot Password

It seems that I have forgotten my password to log into Octopus Deploy. Is there a “forgot password” feature or a way I can reset my password?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! The following documentation page describes how to change the password based on your access:

Hope this helps!
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

We can do this if we know the Password of Login only right, so what if we forgot to Login only then how can we get or reset password page unless and untill we know the password to login.
I think there should be a link called “Forgot Password” as we will be seen for other sites as Gmail, Facebook etc…

Thanks,
Murali Prasad

Hi Murali,

The instructions under For Username/Password authentication allow you to set the username and password for an administrator account. It creates a new user/pass with the combination given, or if it matches the username it will reset the password. This will gain you access to then update your password.
Octopus is designed to run under administrator ownership, so the admin would reset all passwords.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

It is fine if we have two accounts as Admin and different user, what in the case if we are using only one account as Admin(i.e., mine is “build” and i dont have any other accounts or users), so if we forgot the password for admin only how to get that password?

Thanks,
Murali Prasad

Hi Murali,

As you are in a state, where you do not know the admin username, or password, you still use the commands in the documentation to create or update a new admin account, to gain access to your Octopus Server. From within you can then find your admin account username and update the password and delete this other account. If you see my screenshots, before I had 3 accounts, I then used the functions to create a new admin user, which I could then login, and then had access to manage the users.

This allows you to gain the access you need to your Octopus server.

Please see screenshots provided.

Vanessa

command.PNG

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for your help…

But when am trying to use the above commands am getting the following errors…

C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus>octopus.server.exe admin --username admi
n --password dreamorbit@321
Octopus Deploy: Server version 2.6.0.749

Creating or modifying administrator ‘admin’

Error: Could not write to location: C:\Octopus\RavenDB. Make sure you have read/
write permissions for this path.

Full error details are available in the log files.
See: http://g.octopushq.com/LogFiles

i have checked with all permissions and i chnaged also but no use…In the Log file i found the following log…

2014-11-26 11:39:08.2500 WARN Could not open index InvitationsIndex. Recovery operation failed, forcibly resetting index
System.InvalidOperationException: Index does not exists: InvitationsIndex
at Raven.Database.Indexing.IndexStorage.OpenOrCreateLuceneDirectory(IndexDefinition indexDefinition, String indexName, Boolean createIfMissing) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Indexing\IndexStorage.cs:line 315
at Raven.Database.Indexing.IndexStorage.OpenIndexOnStartup(String indexName) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Indexing\IndexStorage.cs:line 126

kindly help me out on this ASAP.

Thanks,
Murali Prasad

Hi Murali,

You can try to repair the RavenDB from the Octopus Server Management console, and see if that unlocks Raven and resets its indexes.
I also noticed you upgraded to 2.6.0 which might have at the time still been building its indexes.

Vanessa