For Migrator we specify one Project and one ProjectGroup but it exports all Projects in Project group

Hi,

we are using Migrator tool for data migration and partial-export command.
We reference in Octopus.Migrator partial-export command arguments --project and --projectGroup expecting that it will only export me just that one project from specified projectGroup but it actually exports all the projects from that ProjectGroup.
Is this a bug?

I think that also someone on another topic mentioned me that this should filter projects if they exist with same name in multiple Spaces but it seems that this “filtering” is not working we are getting all the projects from specified group.

Example:

Octopus.Migrator.exe partial-export --instance=OctopusServer --project=ADS --projectGroup=“Group family” --password=pass1 --ignore-history --ignore-machines --directory=C:\Temp\ads_export

Thanks!

Hi veljkosbbb,

Thank you for your question.

It looks like the filtering via project group is currently bugged. However, changing the name of the project should work around this.

Since you are only exporting one project, I would try renaming the project to something unique and dropping the --projectGroup argument. For example, you could change your project named “ADS” to “ADS-EXPORT”.

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Hello @donny.bell thank you for your feedback.

Yes of course I am aware that we could resolve this by renaming the project which wasn’t my intention since I would like to keep the same name which is also used in different spaces for different project groups etc. But for this issue (How to specify a Space in Migrator tool when Exporting specific Project?) it was told to me that since I am using for the export the Project which exists in multiple Spaces that I should then use ProjectGroup argument which should filter that additionally but I didn’t expect it will export all my projects.

Thanks for your kind assistance anyway, I just wanted to check if this is a bug or regular behaviour.
I suppose this will be fixed in some of the next releases (we are using the latest 2020.1.17)

Hi veljkosbbb,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I apologize for the open bug in this tool and the additional workaround steps required to export individual projects with common names in multiple spaces. I wish I had a better solution for you.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Donny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.