Am trying to understand the logic of how Octopus identifies the relevant deployment targets based on use of tenants and tenant tags.
Given the following (deep breath):
- A tag set called “StreamNumber” containing 2 tags “Stream1002” and “Stream1003”
- 2 tenants: “Tenant A” and “Tenant B”
- Tenant A is tagged with Stream1002, Tenant B is tagged with Stream1003
- Both tenants are connected to Project P with the UAT environment, (supporting tenanted deployments)
- Project P has a release, lets call it Release R
- There are two machines, Server1002 and Server 1003. Both are added to the UAT environment. Both have the same machine role.
- For a deployment target called Server1002, the Stream1002 tag has been selected (tenant is set to Tenant A)
- For a deployment target called Server1003, the Stream1003 tag has been selected (tenant is set to Tenant B)
- When deploying release R, I was hoping I could use tenant tags to target the deployment. e.g. deploy the release to UAT and specify tenant tag Stream1002 to deploy to Server1002. However, when doing this, I see both Server1002 AND Server1003 as deployment targets (even though it says there is only one matching tenant - Tenant A).
Am I missing something here?