File not being included in nuget package by Octopack

I have a file (readme.txt) that is copied to the release directory of my Console Application.

This console application is packaged by TeamCity using Octopack. When i look at the bin\release directory after the build I see that the file is there (it was copied correctly), but it is not in the package built by octopack.

I am not using a nuspec file. The documentation indicates:

If you are packaging a Windows Service or Console application, then it will package all of the output files in the bin\Release folder (assuming you have done a release build).

But this doesn’t seem to be working for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. This is most likely a problem regarding on which part of the process is the file being added. The most straightforward way to solve this would be to include this file on your nuspec file (http://docs.nuget.org/create/nuspec-reference#specifying-files-to-include-in-the-package). Besides that approach, would you be able to send me one of your TC build logs so i can check what might be going on with your current process?

Thanks!

Dalmiro.

To get this working I ended up building my package in TeamCity with /p:OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles=true

and adding a nuspec file that referenced the one extra file I needed included.

If you want I can still send you the log from teamcity.

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working! No need for the log file then.

Thanks

Dalmiro