Feature Request: #{Octopus.Teams['TeamName'].EmailAddresses}

I’d love to be able to send an email to an entire team, though I’m not sure if it’s possible.

We create a separate team for each UserRole for each Project. IE: Project1 - Deployers can deploy to Production, but Project1 - UAT cannot, they can only deploy to UAT… etc.

I’d love it if I could send an email to the an team upon deployment. That way, when we add/remove users from the Team, the email list gets automagically updated.

Example:

TO: #{Octopus.Teams['Project1 - Deployers'].EmailAddresses}
CC: me@myemailcuzImspecial.com

Now this does get a little more tricky if the team is associated to an AD group (which we do), but I know that querying AD isn’t impossible either.

Hi Chase,

Thanks for reaching out. There’s a request in uservoice that is quite similar to what you are looking for http://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6087675-sending-of-email-step-to-teams-or-variables

Please drop by and add some votes so it ranks higher and we can consider it for future releases.

Currently the easiest way to achieve this would be to add a variable to the To field of the email step, and have that variable set on the project for different Environment-EmailAddress combinations.

Regards,

Dalmiro

Yep, that’s what I’m doing now, It is easy to forget to update it when the deployer rolls (teams) change though.