Feature Request: Delayed proceed (Manual Intervention)

As a user who has been assigned as the custodian of a “Manual Intervention” step which has been used as an approval step. I would like an additional option to “Proceed”
The option should be “Delayed Proceed” which should allow me to specify either a relative time (ie 15 min, 30min, 1 hour) or an absolute time (18H00). The step should then proceed like a normal delayed deployment from that time/delay.
This enables us to “pre-approve” releases. The idea is that we can create the release, go through the relevant “Manual Intervention” steps before everyone goes home, but the last one can set the time to be be some delayed time and leave it at that.

Hi @glen.boonzaier,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

As I understand it, you would like to schedule a deployment and take care of any manual intervention steps at the time of scheduling, is that correct?

For reference, here is our “When” option from the “Deploy release” page

The Manual Intervention step can be disabled via the step itself. See example below:

Is there a specific reason Manual Intervention step must be enabled (such as for auditing) when you would like to schedule a deployment for later?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Donny

Hi Donny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The manual intervention needs to happen as it is part of our approval process.

This is done for auditing purposes, we have a double approval system with the relevant groups.

The manual intervention steps are only enabled when we deploy to our “PDN” (production) environment.

The idea is that we will get approvals during the day from both Business and Developers, but once those are in place, the application should only be deployed at a specified time.

Hi @glen.boonzaier,

Thank you for getting back to me and explaining your use case.

We have a step template called Deploy Child Octopus Deploy Project that I believe can accommodate this workflow nicely.

The author made a blog post with more information about how to set this up:

Take a look and let me know if you think this will work for you.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.