I am currently working on doing a side by side upgrade to our current production Octopus server. I have installed version 2.3.3 and then ran through the import wizard. I get the following error upon completion.
A fatal exception occurred
System.Exception: One or more items require modification in the source Octopus database before the migration can proceed.
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.MakeSureEverythingIsReadyToBeMigrated() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 1094
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.ImportFromBackup(String ravenDbBackupFilePath, Nullable
1 tentaclePort, String upnSuffix) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 89 at Octopus.Server.Commands.MigrateCommand.Start() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Commands\MigrateCommand.cs:line 116 at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action1 start, Action shutdown) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 36
Error: The previous command returned a non-zero exit code of: 100
Error: The command that failed was: “D:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Server.exe” migrate --instance=“OctopusServer” --no-prompt --backup=“D:\temp\20140318-110908.octobak” --tentacle-port=“10933”
I did a search on the site and found that something like this was happening with version 2.1 so went version 2.3.3 and also made sure to remove any duplicate server names from the environment. I’m not sure what else needs to happen on my side to get the import to complete.